The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX for Game Boy Color is a updated re-release of Link’s Awakening with several new developments, the most prominent of which function as the entire game is now in color. It can also be played with a Game Boy, with a few features disabled.
The match was also made available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop on June 7, 2011 in the price of $5.99 US.
Sometimes in the match, the photographer will take a photo of Connect and the function. The photograph can then be viewed at any time in the photograph album inside the store, and the photo will fade into seven distinct colours when viewed. You’ll find a total of twelve photos, and each may be printed by the Game Boy Printer. Even the Game Boy Printer function does not work with all the Nintendo eShop re-release of the game on the Nintendo 3DS, since the first hardware isn’t compatible with the console anyway.
One of the photos is taken within the photo store by asking the photographer to take Link’s image, and he’ll ask Link several questions if Link wants his photograph taken. This photo actually comes with an alternate picture. If Link agrees he needs his photo taken, he’ll pose with a peace sign. When he answers each of the questions with no, he’ll be stunned by the camera flash.by link zelda link’s awakening dx rom website There’s not any way to get both photographs in one game file.
To really begin getting photos, Link will have to stop by the photo shop to receive his picture taken. Later, the mouse will give him the picture album. Link is only going to have the ability to encounter another photo events once he’s gotten this picture and the photo album, else the occasions could be ignored. The mouse won’t take a photo of Link if he’s Madame MeowMeow’s Chain Chomp, BowWow; or even the Blue Rooster after him. In case Marin is following him, all photos except those that involve her are somewhat inaccessible.
The Color Dungeon
One of the other most noteworthy modifications in Link’s Awakening DX is that the optional, concealed Shade Dungeon. Unlike many other dungeons in the game, it is shorter than most. Link can go in the dungeon when he returns BowWow into Madam MeowMeow after emptying the second dungeon, Bottle Grotto.
Although the upgraded version overall can be used with previous Game Boy models, the dungeon contains lots of puzzles that are highly based on actual colors, hence the Color Dungeon cannot be entered when playing Link’s Awakening DX on the old versions, thus necessitating the use of a Game Boy Color.
- The game has been given a colour palette.
- The first had an all-green Super Game Boy color palette however no special SGB border. DX includes a Super Game Boy border and a normal color palette.
- The Instruments of the Sirens today evaporate in seven distinct colors.
- Fade in/out effects are somewhat less debilitating, like if using a bomb or a dungeon warp.
- The Photographer along with the photograph side quest were inserted.
- An additional dungeon known as the Color Dungeon was inserted. It had been added to take advantage of the Game Boy Color’s color screen, so it’s inaccessible when played on a Game Boy. The reward for finishing the dungeon is a colored tunic that boosts Link’s attack or defensive power.
- Various chest contents were changed in dungeons.
- Some places have had their landscape shifted between the matches.
- The Genie boss now throws fireballs much more gradually.
- Different bugs and glitches were also fixed.
- The title screen has been slightly altered, most evident being the accession of clouds around the egg.
- Additional dialogue was added, for example upon getting the L2 Sword.
- The German variations of the game have new dialogue for Cukeman, which eliminates the sexual allusions which were initially said from the initial game.
- The Stone Slabs have been transformed into Owl Statues that resemble the match’s owl character along with also the Stone Slab Fragments were also changed into Stone Beaks. More tips were also added.
- The key end has been changed. Instead of Marin drifting across the screen with wings, she is now regarded as a seagull with her picture on the screen.
- Players cannot skip all a character’s dialog by pressing B.
In all localized DX models (but maybe not the Japanese DX), today she loses her Necklace.