Hericrèche Early Learning Centre is a new purpose built ergonomically designed facility in Borrowdale Brooke, Harare.
Hericrèche aims to be the leader in high quality, progressive childcare and education. We believe in giving children limitless opportunities to learn through imagination, creativity and play, while offering parents the peace of mind that comes from knowing your children are receiving care of the highest standard in a safe, healthy and stimulating environment.
Hericrèche follows the British system (Early Years Foundation stage 0-5) offering the same standard of care and educational experience that you would expect to find in any accredited British Nursery School. Hericrèche is suitable for all children of all Nationalities.
Our Teaching staff are all fully qualified and have early years experience, we have a mixed complement of teachers some of which have joined us from the UK, bringing with them a wealth of knowledge and experience
We will cater for one, two and three year olds,
The classes are as follows:
- Crawlers (1-2 year olds)
- Wobblers (2-3 year olds)
- Toddlers (3-4 year olds)
- Hericrèche will be open throughout the year including school holidays but excluding public holidays.
Hericrèche operates on a flexible programme considering the age group we are enrolling :
- A full time basis following the school calendar and timetable (available to all classes)
- Monthly (available to all classes)
- Weekly (available for Crawlers & Wobblers)
- Daily (available for Crawlers & Wobblers)
- Hourly (available only to Crawlers)
An Afternoon Care Programme (ACP) will also be available for all classes in the afternoon.
Hericrèche has been designed by experts and to the highest standards, this ensures your child will be provided with the very best in childcare.
- Each classroom is designed for the needs & requirements of that particular age group.
- All teaching equipment and furniture has been carefully selected from reputable international companies.
- We also use the most up to date teaching aids such as Interactive touch TV screens (65 & 55 inch) in our classrooms, .
- Our Outdoor playground has a safe playing surface (Astro turfed) with quality outdoor play equipment from South Africa.
- Your little ones also have use of a soundproof room in which to sleep during the day should they need to do so.
- We have ClassCam TV setup in each classroom so parents can log on and watch the class at home, office on a mobile phone.
- We have purpose built changing room for nappy changing and all our washrooms have age/size appropriate facilities.
- Our fully equipped kitchen is excellent for all food preparation.
- The unit has a qualified nurse who is always present at all times.
- We have full use of the main school facilities for example the sports fields and swimming pools etc.
- As Hericrèche is affiliated to The Heritage School we offer automatic progression into mainstream school at four to five year olds, this progression of exceptional education ends at sixth form should they wish to continue.
Hericreche aims to give children the best possible start to their education. The children follow the British Early Years Foundation Stage from birth to 5 years. They are encouraged to develop at their own pace in a caring, supportive atmosphere. Play is adult or child led and helps children to get to grips with the fundamentals. When they are ready, the children are introduced to counting and number work. They may start reading and writing. At Hericreche we place no ceilings on a child’s learning. As a result many of our children will find themselves ahead of the game once school starts.